Where in St. Louis am I?

Showcase the beauty and grit of St. Louis in pictures.
First unread post635 posts
If you haven't been to the Security Building, it's worth a visit. The lobby is really quite incredible. St. Louis Office Space has a little writeup of the rehab from a few years back.

Anyway, let me try one. I don't think this one will be too difficult, but . . .

symphonicpoet wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:17 am
If you haven't been to the Security Building, it's worth a visit. The lobby is really quite incredible. St. Louis Office Space has a little writeup of the rehab from a few years back.
Yep. It's amazing!
symphonicpoet wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:17 am

Anyway, let me try one. I don't think this one will be too difficult, but . . .

Touhill.
I don't recall that particular sculpture, but that's almost got to be Laumeier. (Lord knows they rotate things through often enough I don't ever see them all.) Reminds me of someone eating a bowl of soup.
Nope. Not Laumeier.
Here's the piece in context:

Here's a view towards the other side of the parking lot:

^ Took a while, but it's at the corner of Sutter Ave. and Bartmer Industrial Dr., just outside the City limits. The blue building seems to be Universal Sewing Supply.
^You got it. I don't know what the story is, but there's a collection of (mostly?) Trova sculptures surrounding their parking lot, and at least one more tucked back behind the buildings.

Here you can see University City's City Hall in the background: