Where in St. Louis am I?

Showcase the beauty and grit of St. Louis in pictures.
First unread post635 posts
Not in the City, but east of Hanley...
7400 Olive in U. City. Agape Academy. I could swear there used to be a plant nursery right around here in the 1970s. The Pete's Shur Sav truck was the biggest clue but I could not figure out the orientation. Weird! Never knew there was a cemetery there.
^Got it! Yep, it's just a tiny postage stamp of a cemetery, and it's pretty well screened by large evergreen shrubs. I thought Agape's building would give it away, but I guess the presence of an unknown cemetery threw everyone off.

Maybe much too easy. I guess if I'm going to play this game I need to go out and shoot more mysterious photos!

So easy I'm not even going to...post....a reply.
Is that your...office...ial answer?
framer wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:27 am
^Got it! Yep, it's just a tiny postage stamp of a cemetery, and it's pretty well screened by large evergreen shrubs. I thought Agape's building would give it away, but I guess the presence of an unknown cemetery threw everyone off.

Honestly, even the building is a little unobtrusive. I've driven by there a thousand times and while I looked on Olive, I couldn't find it on the map. (Probably didn't help that I was thinking it was a synagogue from the word go, and . . . apparently it's not. Was it in the past? Surely it must have been.) Anyway . . . tough one! Yeh, lot of shrubs and trees hiding the whole kit and kaboodle. (And several larger and better known cemeteries drawing the unwary in the wrong directions.)
Lemme throw this one out there:

framer wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:06 pm
Lemme throw this one out there:
Taken just northeast of the best tasting intersection in St. Louis, Sarah & Laclede, facing West. Maybe taken from Laclede Lofts?? The red brick building is the 6 North Apartments. The building behind is that new condo building, not sure of the name. I would love to know the history of the canopy structure over 6 North's parking. I know it predates the 6 North Building.

I guess the jokes about the previous photo were getting Old so we'll move on from that one ;)

I've posted a few recently so this will be my last one for a bit. Taken this weekend for this thread, should be an easy one:

IMG_20190224_152614 by Alex Price, on Flickr
Hodiamont Tracks at Cabanne.

The Bi-State sign gave it way. And that logo jarred memories—Ozark airlines, the Big Red, 905 Liquor, Friedman Railroad Salvage.....
My pic was taken from the rear parking lot of the Laclede Post Office. It is a cool old metal canopy; not sure what it's from.

I've missed out on some good challenges, but here's a new one: Where am I?
John Henry's grave?
Haha, I don't think there would have been enough space for him there! Guess it's time for another clue - here is a look in the opposite direction:
stlexplorer wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:01 pm
Haha, I don't think there would have been enough space for him there! Guess it's time for another clue - here is a look in the opposite direction:
I was going to say Edwin Street near the Metro Garage in midtown but the buildings around it don't match. The building in the background looks like the Council Tower.

But then after looking at streets around the Council Tower, I found this to be Clark and Prospect with City Foundry being in your first photo.
Where am I?

framer wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:15 am
Where am I?

The old Magic Chef factory on the Hill.
Yep; you got it. Kind of a moonscape out there right now. Here's another view with the dome of the State Hospital in the background.

Here's a location.
I got one for you guys:

chriss752 wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:05 pm
Here's a location.
We might need a hint on this one.
framer wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:41 am
chriss752 wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:05 pm
Here's a location.
We might need a hint on this one.
It's in the near vicinity of Bevo Mill.
Sandwiched between the little and the big, in fact. Ray's at the corner of Morganford and Delor.

Now the second one intrigues me. Looks to be a skylight over a lobby.
symphonicpoet wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:34 am
Sandwiched between the little and the big, in fact. Ray's at the corner of Morganford and Delor.

Now the second one intrigues me. Looks to be a skylight over a lobby.
Correct! It's Ray's bar.
And the skylight is the Security Building.