Where in St. Louis am I?

Showcase the beauty and grit of St. Louis in pictures.
First unread post500 posts
Correct!

I really love this series of murals. It tells the tale of Ulysses, with a modern-day gentleman making his way through St. Louis.

More info here:

http://lincolnperry.com/Mural/MetLifeStory.html

^I've never actually been in there. Is the lobby public?
^Yep. Stop in sometime and check 'em out.
symphonicpoet wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:31 pm
^I've never actually been in there. Is the lobby public?
Yes, and there is a food court there!
^True. I forgot about the food court. :) (And I suppose there is a restaurant on the top, so there's got to be access to that too.)
Guess I'll jump in here with a new one:

^Looks to me like a spot out of City Museum, maybe. That or the skeleton of a Zeppelin, but I'm not aware of any of those around here.
Not city Museum. Not a zeppelin. Another hint:

It's that little park in the CWE at Taylor and Maryland. Very cool!
^Yep. Taylor Park. It's a nifty little spot, and even includes some kind of serenity maze.

"Engraved into this pavement is a single-path labyrinth pattern. Follow the path to the center and out again. You may walk the labyrinth as a form of meditation or prayer, to express an intent, to spur creativity, to seek guidance and for many other reasons. Traditionally, labyrinth walking encompasses three steps: Releasing: walking in, shedding unwanted thoughts and feelings Receiving: sitting in the center, open to new possibilities Returning: going back into your life, perhaps..."

Seems like about time for a new one:

Dang. That's a good one...
Thank you. I'll take that as a sign I should submit that photograph in the near future. (I really do like that one.) And I'll also take it as a sign that I should fix the "camera" from whence it came. More later if nobody gets it. Of course.
All right. Pull back, pan right . . .

(And yes, I know that was not technically a pan. But it sounds cooler that way. Run with me here.)
Is it the Lemp brewery?
danke0 wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:54 am
Is it the Lemp brewery?
Winner winner chicken dinner! Indeedily do.
Wow, that brewery is gorgeous.

OK, here's one. Maybe this is too easy.

danke0 wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:22 am
Wow, that brewery is gorgeous.

OK, here's one. Maybe this is too easy.
Coming to you from Hudlin Park. I see you back there, West Pavilion.
Correct! Love the pillbox like protrusions from the parking garage below.
Where am I?

The little 1-story church conversion building on north side of Olive near Taylor?
^Yep; got it. I like to call this place the "Flintstones Church".

How's this one for a change?

Hmmm...I'm thinking somewhere in the BJC complex. The unfinished ceiling makes me think it's a recent part of that super-long campus connector, but that's just my best guess.
I suppose a hint is called for . . .

You can see this from there:

(Not from the bridge, but from elsewhere in the larger of the two buildings to which the bridge is affixed.)