XFL in STL

Got love for St. Louis sports? Let's talk Pro, College, High School, or otherwise.
I thought I would create this thread to discuss the XFL coming here. If it isn't a flop again, I could see this going somewhere. While it will never be as popular as the NFL, we could use this as a way to stick to Stan and the Rams (Stick it means fan support and how well we do as a team). We will have to wait till opening day in 2020 to determine whether we stick it the NFL or see the XFL flop as a whole and leave St. Louis in the dark again.
Doubt it does well. If your problem with NFL is politics, then XFL is even more political. Football is a bad sport any way and I don't think the City should be encouraging it at all. Glad they will be paying taxes at the very least.
I don't see it lasting more than a few years, but I will enjoy it while it lasts. It gives me and others something to do for a few days a year. As long as it last until the MLS gets here it will be a nice bridge.
I actually heard they are trying to pit against the NFL by making these super family friendly games as opposed to the previous attempt of XFL. Will be interesting to see how it goes considering.
I think this will be interesting and will do better than most people think since it will be from February to early May (if we get into the semi-finals and final). They have a website up and everything. Also to note, Kitty Ratcliffe spoke on behalf of St. Louis at the press conference today.

https://www.cityscene-stl.com/news/xfl- ... o-st-louis
Has anybody seen details on the structure of this league? Are all the teams owned by the league and all salaries determined by the league? Will it be a huge shock when the two teams in the final the first season are the two with the best attendance/viewership numbers?
Anyone know what the anticipated attendance will be?

I would guess 20-30K. That means the Dome will be half full. I wonder if the Dome would consider covering the upper deck seating. The place will look very empty otherwise, unless they only sell the lower bowl. The LA team is playing where the Chargers play (Stub Hub Center-Capacity 30K)
DogtownBnR wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:01 pm
Anyone know what the anticipated attendance will be?

I would guess 20-30K. That means the Dome will be half full. I wonder if the Dome would consider covering the upper deck seating. The place will look very empty otherwise, unless they only sell the lower bowl. The LA team is playing where the Chargers play (Stub Hub Center-Capacity 30K)
I would guess you are about right. 30K would be good. Only have people in the lower bowl.
Black02AltimaSE wrote: Has anybody seen details on the structure of this league? Are all the teams owned by the league and all salaries determined by the league? Will it be a huge shock when the two teams in the final the first season are the two with the best attendance/viewership numbers?
League owns all the teams. The salary pool is the same for all teams. They can pay different positions differently but they all have the same total money. Each team will have its own GM though so it will be run independently from the others, but the league still owns all of it.
Interesting that STL is the only non-NFL market in the league, as well as the only domed stadium.

4 NFL stadiums(60k+), 2 Soccer-Specific(<20k), 1 Baseball (50k) & 1 College football (40K) - interesting mix
Why would STL want a XFL team?
For fun?

It's slightly cringeworthy, but still, if there's no public investment in it aside from people who choose to attend, why not?
It looks like STL will be home to 2 Football teams:

"The league did not say when it would begin play, though it did say the first 10 teams would be the San Diego Warriors, Oklahoma City Power, Portland Progress, Texas Revolution, Ohio Players, Florida Strong, Birmingham Kings, St. Louis Independence, Connecticut Underground and Oakland Panthers."

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2547 ... all-league
...an embarrassment of, uh, riches?

BTW, The Ohio Players: Brilliant.
I hope uniforms look like this.....

^Shadrach, You're trying to make me actually like this thing! If you can promise serious head injuries won't be a part of the game I might actually be down with this. I really like your uniform concept.