Rolling Ridge (Webster Groves)

Discuss new retail, dining, business and residential projects within St. Louis County, including Chesterfield, Riverport, Earth City, Westport and more.
This has the potential to be something really special. If someone has the full article, could they please post it here?

In Old Webster, a $25 million modern vision for a historic nursery

Come 2019, Rolling Ridge Nursery will not only feature plants but a microbrewery from Side Project Brewing, restaurant, coffee shop, retail shops and loft-style office space spanning 26,000 square feet. A multifamily project abutting the nature reserve at the end of the property also is in the works.

https://www.bizjournals.com/stlouis/new ... for-a.html
A couple of snippets:

"By late 2020, a 36-unit multifamily complex called the Reserve at Shady Creek will front the Shady Creek Nature Sanctuary abutting the property. The two-phase, $25 million project will utilize private financing and be transformational for this part of Old Webster, officials said."

"For the city of Webster, the Rolling Ridge project illustrates the city's plan to extend the commercial corridor throughout the Old Webster Business District, which includes parts of Gore, Moody, West Pacific and Lockwood avenues. It wants to boost economic activity seen along Lockwood Avenue with the new restaurants and draw new residents in while maintaining its charm as a bedroom community."

"It's about a balance between new and old, (and) that balance is what is keeping us so desirable," Mayor Gerry Welch said. Rolling Ridge "has anchored that area for so long. It's one of those important institutions in our community."
Seems pretty expensive, I'm guessing they're planning on using historic tax credits.

I thought banks had soured on micro-breweries. The one had at Olive and north and south had trouble getting one if I recall.
qwerty112 wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:46 pm
Seems pretty expensive, I'm guessing they're planning on using historic tax credits.

I thought banks had soured on micro-breweries. The one had at Olive and north and south had trouble getting one if I recall.
Yeah I was surprised by that number as well. I'd imagine the 2nd phase new construction will account for at least half of those costs. I'd also imagine the build-out for a micro-brew is a lot more expensive than your typical build-out.

Having walked through the building several times I know how enormous that place is, but I'm still having a hard time figuring out how they are going to fit a micro-brewery, restaurant, coffee shop, retail space, and office space, while maintaining the nursery.
"The nursery will have to cut back on the amount of inventory to make way for the new businesses. Cressler, who serves as general manager, said it will make the business more efficient and boost product turnover. Furthermore, the family will be able to show off its 124-year-old building, which still has some of the old flooring, windows, beams and elevator shaft that Cressler's great-grandfather installed.

"We have always said that this is such a cool building, and the majority of it is vastly underutilized," Cressler said. "It’s great for us to share it and get more people in it because it’s like a little hidden secret.""
framer wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:18 pm
"The nursery will have to cut back on the amount of inventory to make way for the new businesses. Cressler, who serves as general manager, said it will make the business more efficient and boost product turnover. Furthermore, the family will be able to show off its 124-year-old building, which still has some of the old flooring, windows, beams and elevator shaft that Cressler's great-grandfather installed.

"We have always said that this is such a cool building, and the majority of it is vastly underutilized," Cressler said. "It’s great for us to share it and get more people in it because it’s like a little hidden secret.""
Makes sense, thanks for posting that.
26,000 square feet seems pretty small too, and expensive even if it's just a fraction of the overall project costs.
Not from Business Journal but another Webster-Kirkwood Times:

http://www.websterkirkwoodtimes.com/Art ... oject.html
Black02AltimaSE wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:37 am
Not from Business Journal but another Webster-Kirkwood Times:

http://www.websterkirkwoodtimes.com/Art ... oject.html
Very informative, thank you! Another big takeaway from that article is the Modern Brewery/Rooftop restaurant up the street is still alive! I guess the 300 people that viewed my other thread asking about this didn't have an answer :D

This is going to be so cool when it's completed, I cannot wait!