One Hundred - Kingshighway & West Pine

Renovations and new construction in the Central Corridor -- defined by the area south of Delmar Avenue and North of Interstate 44/55.
First unread post522 posts
Update 2.12.19. Big concrete pour today on a key floor.

From the Chase Park Plaza's Zodiac Room.

I have zero skills at this sort of thing, but here's my crude attempt at a massing study:

^ I made this on December 15th and shared it on Facebook. I guess I missed to post it here.

Here's a nifty view from Clayco's website:

Damn, that's a great picture. This building is gonna be so cool.
Since hitting the residential floors this one is flying. They are going to do a floor+ a week easy.
Yesterday...

^ Thanks for the update. I've been following along on the webcam, but I've been hunting for a street-view. I was in STL Friday thru yesterday but wasn't able to make it to the CWE. Looking great!
I haven't been in the habit of checking the webcam for this but decided to check today. Anyone got any ideas for what these two corner vertical beams might be? Looks like they erected them today.

https://app.oxblue.com/open/clayco/100kingshighway

Screen Shot 2019-03-12 at 2.55.48 PM by Alex Price, on Flickr
Temporary man-lift?
aprice wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:58 pm
Anyone got any ideas for what these two corner vertical beams might be? Looks like they erected them today.

Screen Shot 2019-03-12 at 2.55.48 PM by Alex Price, on Flickr
I was told that this is to install the stainless steel panels on this corner as construction moves up. There should be 3 more at the other main corners. We will see if that holds true
^Aha! That's at least one mystery solved; now we know that the building will be at least partially clad in stainless steel. Awesome!

Now how about what color the glass will be: Clear? Tinted? Reflective?

I'm still frustrated that no new renderings have been released.
Today they're installing the Monolith from 2001: A Space Odyssey.

^ This is easily going to be the best looking building (in a modern aesthetic at least) in all of Missouri. One of the best in the Midwest for sure. Really can't wait for this one. Going to be a great photo subject.
The Mayor wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:34 pm
^ This is easily going to be the best looking building (in a modern aesthetic at least) in all of Missouri. One of the best in the Midwest for sure. Really can't wait for this one. Going to be a great photo subject.
I already hate myself for how many photos of it I'll be taking. And I'm also sorry for once again saying how stunned people will be when the curtain walls start going up. People are probably already scratching their heads at it but I don't think they've really stopped to look at the rendering on the construction fence.
I'm also still very confused by the two vertical posts at the SW corner. Nothing against Chris's answer/response at all but I still don't quite get it. Cupcake tower, please reveal your mysteries.
^My thought on that from the start is for the construction elevator. There is no vertical plane to attach to, so so they have to make their own. We'll find out soon enough, but something to install the facade for the garage doesn't make any sense, especially now that the steel is higher than the garage.
This building is going to be my personal sized 36 floor reese's cup high-rise. Seriously this is going to be a truly stunning building something i wish were being built Downtown however hopefully this is the start for many in St.Louis's future.
Wolfpaw wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:31 pm
This building is going to be my personal sized 36 floor reese's cup high-rise. Seriously this is going to be a truly stunning building something i wish were being built Downtown however hopefully this is the start for many in St.Louis's future.
Maybe it will encourage Dewitt/Cordish to up their game when renderings are released for Two Cardinal way. Maybe, just maybe more wishful thinking is Drury can learn a lesson or two from this on their Laclede's landing site.

In the meantime, having a signature high rise tower across the street from one of the best Urban Parks in the country is not a bad spot to land it. Anyone have suggestions for Koplar family when they can finally do something with one of the best corner lots in the city that is next door to One Hundred?
dredger wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:05 pm
Maybe it will encourage Dewitt/Cordish to up their game when renderings are released for Two Cardinal way. Maybe, just maybe more wishful thinking is Drury can learn a lesson or two from this on their Laclede's landing site.

In the meantime, having a signature high rise tower across the street from one of the best Urban Parks in the country is not a bad spot to land it. Anyone have suggestions for Koplar family when they can finally do something with one of the best corner lots in the city that is next door to One Hundred?
Dewitt and Cordish will 99.9% have the Two Cardinal Way building looking like One Cardinal Way. That's what's happening in KC and I would expect to see it continued here. The only difference will be height differences. As for Drury, it would be a good idea for them to have a landmark tower on the Landing, but at this point, I no longer see them doing that project.

As for the Koplar project, it was just an idea and the market didn't warrant the number of condos that were planned for the building. It is also worth noting that apartments just weren't being targeted by Koplar for this site. Now, will it return? I'm not sure but at this point, the project is shelved.
chriss752 wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:02 pm
dredger wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:05 pm

Dewitt and Cordish will 99.9% have the Two Cardinal Way building looking like One Cardinal Way. That's what's happening in KC and I would expect to see it continued here. The only difference will be height differences. As for Drury, it would be a good idea for them to have a landmark tower on the Landing, but at this point, I no longer see them doing that project.
I was definitely in the land of wishing upon a star thinking for downtown but a signature tower on Dury's plot overlooking Arch Grounds seems like a good fit.

Don't have a good way to thread this back to One Hundred other then another wish full thought that Koplar sells its corner lot next door. Which probably goes beyond dreaming
The webcam shows the construction elevator being assembled this morning, so the steel on the southwest corner is for sure for the elevator as suspected. That steel being for installing panels never made any sense.