Where in St. Louis am I?

Showcase the beauty and grit of St. Louis in pictures.
First unread post478 posts
Wow I guess I will get one. Possibly by virtue of the fact that I am the first one awake and SP posts hints at 2am. The skywalk that connect the old Brentwood Best Buy to the massive garage. Or possibly the one just east. That connects to BJC learning center.
I am the two a. m. guy. Guilty as charged. It's the westernmost of the two, which I believe goes to the building where the Best Buy is or was, but it's badged, so I'm not sure what's really on the other side. Just thought it was pretty. Because we all love a good parking garage around here. ;-) (Or viewing platforms, as I call them.) I'd have called it the Brentwood Metrolink Garage. Not sure what the official name is.
framer wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:20 am
this couldn't possibly be a real thing, right?

also, spelling.
Beats me. I was familiar with the storefront church and went by a couple of weeks ago to get the photo. The sign was up then, but I'm not sure if its always there or if it's legit. Either way, it's a classic!
Hopefully this isn't too easy:

Another clue:

Mural at La Rose Room - MLK and Leffingwell - I love this one...
Yep. A true St. Louis Classic.

Ok, here's my next:
Oh, that's pretty! Great shot!

Also . . .

. . . *crickets*
Unfortunately all of my other shots of this area include dead giveaways, so here is a clue that should be about as reveling: another recently active thread contains more than one photo showing this exact street lamp...
I was gonna guess that cool little art deco building on 15th street just east of City Museum, but a quick look on Street View told me it wasn't. So I have no idea. Cool pic, though.
Ok, here's another clue. This shot is around the corner near the end of the block:

Edit: thanks for the compliments framer and symphonicpoet!
^I'll be damned. Yeah, I can see why you couldn't really give hints. I seem to recall that was a studio back in the day. And I know someone somewhere was talking about the old KPLR studio. Was that it? Anyway . . . 215 York. Back behind the Chase and York House and all that jazz. The fancier version of the alley house.
Nicely done. And yes, I think that was KPLR...
I always like doorways. And I can give some decent hints on this one if necessary. Let's do some doorways . . .

That looks like the old St. Agnes (or was it St. Agatha's?) Church on Sidney Street near Sidney Street Cafe, and the old Other Mother's Cafe, a legendary place in the South St. Louis of the 1970s and early 1980s.
Yep.

And that answers your question.
Wow, that one went quickly and I couldn't have guessed it! Nice doorway shot too - I think it's a great theme.
Well, keeping with that theme, this has a doorway in it. Two, even.

Old Courthouse, 2nd floor, North wing?

IMG_20181024_204355 by Alex Price, on Flickr
^I believe that is entirely correct.
aprice wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:03 am
Old Courthouse, 2nd floor, North wing?

IMG_20181024_204355 by Alex Price, on Flickr
Is this the Ballpark Hilton?
danke0 wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:12 pm
Is this the Ballpark Hilton?
It's not. It is a hotel downtown though. In a building with some history. It's north of Market, if that helps.
^The carpet appears to match the Drury in at the Convention Center. That's not much to go on, but I've never been in that particular hotel. That said, it's a historic building and it's north of Market. And, well, at least parts of it are likely contemporaryish. (Though I'd never have guessed they were quite that fancy cut.)