St. Louis Lambert Int. Airport [airline/hub/operations/info]

All the ways we move people and things: trains, planes, automobiles, biking, walking, etc.
First unread post4593 posts
Quick look through the schedule release for Southwest. No new adds but Cancun goes daily again. They schedule might not be 100% loaded though.
https://viewfromthewing.boardingarea.co ... routes-ba/
One of their biggest markets on the Beijing flight is St. Louis to Beijing and there are $250 walkup fares in the market, compared to St. Louis to London at “$1600 or $1700” and Honolulu “were we to fly it, soon we will, $500.”
Couple of thoughts: surprised to hear STL - PEK is a popular route, must be a biz connection?

And $250 fares? That sounds crazy!
pdm_ad wrote:
Thu May 31, 2018 6:59 am
https://viewfromthewing.boardingarea.co ... routes-ba/
One of their biggest markets on the Beijing flight is St. Louis to Beijing and there are $250 walkup fares in the market, compared to St. Louis to London at “$1600 or $1700” and Honolulu “were we to fly it, soon we will, $500.”
Couple of thoughts: surprised to hear STL - PEK is a popular route, must be a biz connection?

And $250 fares? That sounds crazy!
Plus many Chinese students/faculty at WashU and Mizzou would be my guess.
jshank83 wrote:
Thu May 31, 2018 6:57 am
addxb2 wrote:
Thu May 31, 2018 1:23 am
Someone correct me if my math or sources are wrong...

37 weeks of 4 flights per week. 15 weeks of 5 flights per week. 208 seats per flight.
Wow's 2-year commitment to St. Louis is roughly 92,768 seats.

16 weeks of 3 flights per week. 183 seats per flight.
IA 2-year commitment to Kansas City is roughly 17,568 seats.
WOW is 3x a week in winter.
Wow's 2-year commitment to St. Louis is roughly 86,112 seats then.
Updated Frequency spreadsheet for July. (new total)

Southwest does hit 800 weekly departures for the first time the last 2 weeks of June. Not all their frequency changes below happen the same week.

Not listing all airlines changes but here are a few notes.

Delta changes
+1 SLC daily (3) - first time I have seen it at 3. I only have been keeping track for a year though.

Southwest changes
-1 MCO m-th/sat/sun (4)(5)
-1 TPA Sat (4)
-1 MSY Fri (2)
+1 CHS Sat (2) - first time I have seen it at 2 for any day of the week.
+1 FLL Sat (3)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
3 Kings opens in T2 today. By gate E33.

we’re thrilled 4 Hands Brewing Company selected our Airport location as the only restaurant in St. Louis to offer City Wide on draft.”

https://www.flystl.com/newsroom/stl-new ... terminal-2
I was looking through the older posts and saw that the CPE has been consistently going down, except in 2014/15 it jumped back up. Can anyone explain why?
RuskiSTL wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:59 am
I was looking through the older posts and saw that the CPE has been consistently going down, except in 2014/15 it jumped back up. Can anyone explain why?
Landing fees are going down. The airport refinanced some of their debt at a lower rate so they are charging less to try to become more competitive. They also are going down because there are more passengers flowing through. They can charge the airlines less per person and still hit their total goals.

There might be more involved than that but I think that is the main reason.
RuskiSTL wrote:I was looking through the older posts and saw that the CPE has been consistently going down, except in 2014/15 it jumped back up. Can anyone explain why?
Probably because enplanements decreased in each of the preceding years (‘13 & ‘14) without commensurate decreases in expenses/overhead.
Arrived last night on a WN flight from Tampa and we used Gate E36. Way down there.

I overheard the pilots talking with the FAs about the lack of amenities at that end of the terminal. They were going on to HOU and weren't going to have enough time to grab something to eat. It looked like something was getting built so I hope they can fill that space out.
pdm_ad wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:22 am
Arrived last night on a WN flight from Tampa and we used Gate E36. Way down there.

I overheard the pilots talking with the FAs about the lack of amenities at that end of the terminal. They were going on to HOU and weren't going to have enough time to grab something to eat. It looked like something was getting built so I hope they can fill that space out.
Where did it look like something was getting built, as in more specifically?

And yea, I know it is slim pickings down there. Only a bar that I don't think it serves any food (but someone can correct me if I a wrong). I haven't been down there in a while though. It is kind of on an island. They used to have a bicycle cart thing that sold sandwiches where 3 kings went in. Maybe they will move it down to E34-40 now.
It always baffles me when I travel to smaller and comparable cities and their airports have fancy food courts with national chain restaurants. Amazing that Lambert used to be one of the 10 busiest in the country and a big food court was never built. By the same token, it baffles me that a large rental car garage was never built. It’s a joke that there are surface lots all over the area around the airport instead of one giant multi-level lot. It would be nice to see both of those added As part of any potential future upgrades.
jshank83 wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:26 pm
Where did it look like something was getting built, as in more specifically?

And yea, I know it is slim pickings down there. Only a bar that I don't think it serves any food (but someone can correct me if I a wrong). I haven't been down there in a while though. It is kind of on an island. They used to have a bicycle cart thing that sold sandwiches where 3 kings went in. Maybe they will move it down to E34-40 now.
There were boards up right next to 3 Kings, not sure if they are still working on that or adding something else?
pdm_ad wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:01 pm

There were boards up right next to 3 Kings, not sure if they are still working on that or adding something else?
Ohh okay. Thanks. I thought to meant down by E34-40.
jshank83 wrote:
Only a bar that I don't think it serves any food (but someone can correct me if I a wrong).
That little bar across from the holding areas for those four gates doesn't serve hot food AFAIK, but does have a grab-n-go type fridge/cooler that has your typical "airport fare" sandwiches and other refrigerated snack/meal foods. At least it did in December, but I have no reason to believe that that's changed since then. But yeah, it's still pretty slim pickings down there unless you have time to eat in another part of the Terminal.

In other news: Lambert will be removing the Lindbergh Monocoupe that hangs above the east security checkpoint in T1 tomorrow (June 12) and will be returning it to the Missouri Historical Society so they can preserve it. Had a good run though: it's been at Lambert since 1979.

Wonder if they'll replace it with another plane or maybe commission another local art piece like they did for T2's main hall?
DogtownBnR wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:23 pm
It always baffles me when I travel to smaller and comparable cities and their airports have fancy food courts with national chain restaurants. Amazing that Lambert used to be one of the 10 busiest in the country and a big food court was never built. By the same token, it baffles me that a large rental car garage was never built. It’s a joke that there are surface lots all over the area around the airport instead of one giant multi-level lot. It would be nice to see both of those added As part of any potential future upgrades.
There was a food court just inside security, where concourses C and D split. That area is now in the closed section.
Trololzilla wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:12 am
jshank83 wrote:
Only a bar that I don't think it serves any food (but someone can correct me if I a wrong).
That little bar across from the holding areas for those four gates doesn't serve hot food AFAIK, but does have a grab-n-go type fridge/cooler that has your typical "airport fare" sandwiches and other refrigerated snack/meal foods. At least it did in December, but I have no reason to believe that that's changed since then. But yeah, it's still pretty slim pickings down there unless you have time to eat in another part of the Terminal.

In other news: Lambert will be removing the Lindbergh Monocoupe that hangs above the east security checkpoint in T1 tomorrow (June 12) and will be returning it to the Missouri Historical Society so they can preserve it. Had a good run though: it's been at Lambert since 1979.

Wonder if they'll replace it with another plane or maybe commission another local art piece like they did for T2's main hall?
Would love to see them bring back the Spirit of Saint Louis look alike.
Apparently the WOW flight yesterday got diverted to MidAmerica because of the storms.

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/WOW ... /KBLV/KSTL