U CIty / Forsyth Ave

Discuss new retail, dining, business and residential projects within St. Louis County, including Chesterfield, Riverport, Earth City, Westport and more.
Can someone tell me what's going on with the buildings right next to Our Lady of Lourdes in U City? Looks like they are being demolished.
They are being demolished by Our Lady of Lourdes which is doing an expansion to the school. Sort of sad to see as they were in good shape and added to the density of the neighborhood. Also, the school tore down either 1 or 2 homes on Northmoor on the other side of their property.
courtland wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:15 am
Can someone tell me what's going on with the buildings right next to Our Lady of Lourdes in U City? Looks like they are being demolished.
I just did a quick googlemap tour. Looks like everything at Forsyth/Asbury are SFH residential. Are more homes being demolished in addition to the homes on Northmoor?

At surface level, that would seem to be a shame. Those old homes are beautiful.
Based on renderings that I've seen (and since lost), I believe they are only demolishing the 3-4 multifamilies directly east of the church on Forsyth and then either 1-2 homes directly east of the school gym on Northmoor. I can see if I can find the renderings again because there was a large powerpoint presentation about it. Also, this is my parish and they had a big fundraising thing about this expansion so that is how I have info on it. Honestly not too thrilled because I think some of the multi-families are simply becoming a parking lot.

EDIT: Found this on their website but there was a powerpoint too that had more info and site/location plans