St. Louis Malls: Openings & Closings

New and changing stores, restaurants, and businesses in the City of St. Louis
Didn’t see a thread for this yet. A thread to discuss stores opening and closing at St. Louis area malls - Saint Louis Galleria, Plaza Frontenac, West County.

Lots of news at West County Center

H&M has announced it is expanding their West County location. It will be converting to a multi-level store, taking over the T-Mobile, LensCrafters, and Build A Bear right below its current store. Expected opening date is Fall 2018.

In other news, Teavana, The Art Of Shaving, D’Olivas, Eddie Bauer, T-Mobile, Journeyz Kids have all permanently closed (within a matter of one month)

LensCrafters will relocate to the north end of the mall, on the second level across from the Macy’s entrance,
You forgot South County Mall in your list.

You'd think some of these stores like Eddie Bauer, H&M, Build a Bear, Brooks Brothers, etc, would go to South County. It's the only mall not in an I-64 Cluster like the others (including outlet malls). Makes me wonder who runs that place.
survivor147 wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:31 pm
You forgot South County Mall in your list.

You'd think some of these stores like Eddie Bauer, H&M, Build a Bear, Brooks Brothers, etc, would go to South County. It's the only mall not in an I-64 Cluster like the others (including outlet malls). Makes me wonder who runs that place.
CBL&Associates apparently picked up most of Westfield's holdings in the area when they exited the market. At present they own and operate West County Center, South County Center, Mid Rivers Mall, and St. Clair Square. (Two more to add to the list.)

To complete the list, the Galleria is presently owned by General Growth properties. Ironically, they also operate and partially own Plaza Frontenac, along with the Canada Pension Plan. Woodmont presently owns St. Louis Outlet (formerly St. Louis Mills.) C-III Capital Partners own Chesterfield Mall. Hull Property Group owns Alton Square. I'd be half tempted to add Westport Plaza to that list. I thought of it as a mall for most of my life, albeit an odd one. (Lodging Hospitality Management owns that one, by the way. Along with Union Station and a number of other properties, mostly hotels, around town.)

As to the not quite enclosed malls . . . Taubman Prestige Outlets is owned by Taubman Centers. St. Louis Premium Outlets is owned by Simon Property Group. I'm inclined to include those two, but not the other outlet malls, since they do at least seem to follow the mall plan, albeit without a roof. Airdome malls, if you will. You have to get out of your car and walk in a way inconvenience centers and strips don't require. And virtually every other enclosed mall in town has or had at least a few outdoor sections. So . . . meh. Your call.
^^ i thought Teavana was closing all their stores. didn't they get bought out a while back by Starbucks or something?
They did and they are... but apparently they've got a large backfill of inventory they are still running out of - I've been to 2 stores of theirs since that announcement. Everything's on sale until they run out.
I used to spend about $60 every 3 months at teavana. Switching from coffee to tea every morning significantly improved my blood pressure.

If anyone can recommend a local loose leaf tea store I’d appreciate it.
moorlander wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:58 am
I used to spend about $60 every 3 months at teavana. Switching from coffee to tea every morning significantly improved my blood pressure.

If anyone can recommend a local loose leaf tea store I’d appreciate it.
Shop local. My wife likes this place in Maplewood.
http://www.traveling-tea.com/
^ Local is good! In South City there's London Tea Room and Teatopia... I think Big Heart Tea may have some loose leaf but not sure.