Solire; 161 Micro Apartments, Euclid and Delmar

Renovations and new construction in the Central Corridor -- defined by the area south of Delmar Avenue and North of Interstate 44/55.
Fantastic. Great to see the Euclid corridor investment continue to march northward.

Safe to say these three are on the chopping block?

Based on one of the captionless photos in the nextstl article it looks like the developer may have acquired 1 of the 3 so far (the one on the left/east side).
Also, hopefully this drives interest in the empty building across the street that was recently listed for $475,000: Image
^The Union Sarah Economic Development Corporation (USEDC) deserves a lot of praise for the work they did to preserve the neighborhood back in the day.
wabash wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:48 pm
Fantastic. Great to see the Euclid corridor investment continue to march northward.

Safe to say these three are on the chopping block?

Based on one of the captionless photos in the nextstl article it looks like the developer may have acquired 1 of the 3 so far (the one on the left/east side).
Would be a damned shame. The eastern one I believe is caving in but the western ones have been rehabbed sometime relatively recently, I know they have a new roof/hvac and are used for some sort of storage.

I believe there used to be a Jewish deli/restaurant in one of them back in the day.
RuskiSTL wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:34 am

Would be a damned shame. The eastern one I believe is caving in but the western ones have been rehabbed sometime relatively recently, I know they have a new roof/hvac and are used for some sort of storage.

I believe there used to be a Jewish deli/restaurant in one of them back in the day.
I brought up some recent satellite imagery I have access to and you are correct about the eastern one. There is a pretty good sized hole in the back portion of the roof.
This is a fantastic project and should be a model for infill development elsewhere on Delmar. My only complaint is that it should have some kind of retail component on the corner of Euclid and Delmar. It would just make sense considering Euclid's pattern of retail centering on major cross streets, plus there are already spots for retail in the two existing buildings across the street. Even if the existing neighborhood cannot support it, we have to build for the future, especially in such an important corner.
^ I agree.
RuskiSTL wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:34 am
Guess which one of the three is owned by Roberts Bros.? I really hope this project avoids demo, but incorporating the facades a la that project on Olive a couple blocks south could be interesting.
Any movement on this?