Raising Canes @ 805 S Vandeventer

Construction activity, major renovations, office projects, etc. in the Central Corridor -- defined by the area south of Delmar Avenue and North of Interstate 44/55.
Park Central Development

Raising Canes interested in the lot next to 64 exit.

The hottest neighborhood in St. Louis, half mile from Cortex and MetroLink, and this is the best we can do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I read this as 'raising cranes' and got excited. nvm.

This seems like a terrible spot for a fast food joint with a drive thru.
According to the FPSE Form Based Code, which I believe was approved last week, this lot is classified as Boulevard Type 2.

- The intent is to allow this area to transition into a more walkable, mixed-use Corridor.
- Permitted uses include office, retail, industrial, and residential (upper floors only); buildings must have a front set back of no more than 10 feet; and a building height between 2-12 stories.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rheights wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:33 am
I read this as 'raising cranes' and got excited. nvm.

This seems like a terrible spot for a fast food joint with a drive thru.
Did the exact same thing.

But yeah, I don't how close you put the building to the sidewalk, if there's still a drivethru lane in front of it, it's not urban.
I have a theory that involves big chain restaurants and stores and city development.

I don't see chains as bad. In fact, I think they can be good... when they're good.

You know an area has made it when these places want so badly to be part of that area that they will adapt their plans to an existing building or a necessary building style.

You know a place still has a ways to go when it allows it's urban or existing form to be eroded for a standard box model of these chains.

This area SHOULD be in the former category, but it appears it isn't. Perhaps just because the people who have a say aren't requiring it.
Park Central is actually recommending that the building be moved to Vandeventer to gain their support. So it does seem like Park Central is not going with the plan willy nilly.

Park Central Recommendation
Support the construction of a Raising Cane’s Chicken Finger Restaurant with the following conditions:
1. Move the building footprint to a zero-lot-line along Vandeventer Avenue and reconfigure the drive-thru lane
2. Join the Grove CID and pay for related legal costs
3. Repave sidewalks along Vandeventer Avenue & Gratiot Street
4. Install street trees along Vandeventer Avenue & Gratiot Street
5. Install at least 2 bike racks on site
6. Install adequate lighting and cameras on site

http://www.parkcentraldevelopment.org/w ... venter.pdf