AC Hotel Marriott on York Ave in CWE

Construction activity, major renovations, office projects, etc. in the Central Corridor -- defined by the area south of Delmar Avenue and North of Interstate 44/55.
Oh, and thanks for that post 2020. Hadn't seen that angle on Citizen Park before.
^Of course.

I think the design is *ok.* Certainly not inspiring or cutting edge but it will be a nice contextual addition to its immediate surroundings. In my opinion, retaining both of those right-of-ways actually adds some much needed uniqueness to this proposal. It's kind of cool to me that this is basically sitting on 3 legs.
quincunx wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:02 pm
$40M for 192 hotel rooms sounds like a lot. Land value? Underground parking?
It's not "a lot" - hotels are expensive.

I still liked the original black brick with wood accents. Although I can completely understand them wanting to use as much light finishes as possible, being an alleyway. Still could have had the wood frame windows though, very Alvar Aalto.
Two hundred rooms and not a good view from any of them (unless you like parked cars).
^A testament to the increasing efficiency of land use, density, and general desirability of the CWE.
wabash wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:19 pm
^A testament to the increasing efficiency of land use, density, and general desirability of the CWE.
I agree, there also a crap load of parking lots in the Central West End dying for infill.
SW corner of Euclid and Lindell comes to mind. I'm sure the hospital will sell soon though, that land must be worth a pretty penny

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Preservation Board approved the design with the stipulation of more brick and final design approval by CRO staff. There was no opposition presented at the meeting and minimal discussion before approval of the motion.
I'm surprised there is no use of the rooftop as community space.
MattnSTL wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:29 pm
Preservation Board approved the design with the stipulation of more brick and final design approval by CRO staff. There was no opposition presented at the meeting and minimal discussion before approval of the motion.
Any reasoning on why they requested more brick? I don't see the need for this design request on this specific parcel. If anything, being the street as it currently stands is more akin to an alley than a street, I would like to see no brick incorporated. All just opinions, I know.
Any news on this? On 12/27 the West End Word reported that: "construction includes environmental remediation in February, demolition of the KPLR Building in March and a groundbreaking slated for April 2."
Any signs of life on this one?
^About a month ago when I walked by there were notices posted for the proposed hotel. That's all I've got.
Sorry to be a broken record, but anything happening with this one?

Since the other two CWE hotel proposals are moving forward (Aloft in Cortex and Element on Forest Park Blvd.) I wonder if this one is still a go or playing the waiting game.