AC Hotel Marriott on York Ave in CWE

Construction activity, major renovations, office projects, etc. in the Central Corridor -- defined by the area south of Delmar Avenue and North of Interstate 44/55.
After doing some snooping around on websites, I discovered this rendering.

Does anyone know about this?

From what I can see, I like the design.

Google StreetView Location

^ fingers crossed. CWE really does need more hotel space. looks great, too.
Interesting. Seems like a very low-visibility site, though. And access to/from York and Lindell is a real b****.
Where did you find this rendering? Looks great! Isn’t an AC hotel also going to Richmond Heights?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wow. This would be fantastic. What a great use of those awkward back lots/back buildings at the Chase.
I placed a pin where the hotel will go. Where did you find this rendering? Anyway, the Parking garage from the Library will probably be used for the hotel, it will have an ok view above the third floor as it will peer over the neighborhood buildings. A big plus is that it is right off of Euclid.

I am worried about potentially losing the neighboring building alone Maryland Plaza. The one bordering the smaller brick building can go but I don’t want to lose the historic building.
My guess is that the 3-story tan brick building facing Maryland would be converted into the hotel entrance/lobby.
That looks like the entrance right there in the rendering, along York, which is consistent with the similar design of other AC Hotels (e.g. the AC Hotel Minneapolis). I'm guessing the Maryland Walk building wouldn't be part of this project. But it's all speculation until there are more details. Arch City, you got anything else?
framer wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:36 pm
My guess is that the 3-story tan brick building facing Maryland would be converted into the hotel entrance/lobby.
i doubt Lululemon is going to move out for the hotel. and i really don't see any of those buildings getting razed for this, if it even happens. they're all integral components of the Maryland streetscape.
From a conversation I had about this a couple weeks ago, they want to build on the empty lot. The Maryland buildings are in a historic district and very unlikely to be touched.
AC Hotel planned next to Chase in Central West End

http://www.stltoday.com/business/local/ ... 87777.html
A new AC Hotel by Marriott is slated to break ground this spring on York Avenue in the Central West End.

Led by Andy Holloran of Bozeman, Mont.-based developer HomeBase, the 192-room hotel would be squeezed in just north of Lindell Boulevard next to the Chase Park Plaza. The building that used to house the KPLR studio just behind the York House will come down to make way for the project and a surface parking lot will be removed.
Ugly design. To bad
Looks very generic.
The first rendering definitely looks better. The second seems to be moving in the Home2Suites direction.
I wish the design was more risky too.

I believe this would be within the CWE historic district boundaries guidelines. The designs we would love to see just aren't happening within those boundaries, unfortunately or so it seems. This design is simple, clean and utilitarian.

Now if this had been proposed for south of Lindell, I think the design would've been a little funkier/hipper - MAYBE.

That said, to me, it is not the worst (ie. boring, humdrum) new design I've seen in St. Louis.
Not crazy about two curb cuts on the first floor for a ?circle drop off I guess ( zoom in to the rendering to notice) . Magnolia and Embassy suites downtown each somehow manage to operate without one.

Wish the massing of the north most segment was a couple floors shorter to not be disrespectful to the three story Maryland buildings.

Poor choice/quality in cladding materials could make this look pretty bad. I think the historic district standards may help with this part.

At least it's on a side street and not on Lindell or Maryland.
imran wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:48 pm
Not crazy about two curb cuts on the first floor for a ?circle drop off I guess ( zoom in to the rendering to notice) . Magnolia and Embassy suites downtown each somehow manage to operate without one.
I assume that "closer" cutout is to allow access to the Chase garage, no?
I have a feeling this design will be changing again. Don't they always - when it comes new projects north of Lindell? :)
$40M for 192 hotel rooms sounds like a lot. Land value? Underground parking?
ricke002 wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:56 pm
imran wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:48 pm
I assume that "closer" cutout is to allow access to the Chase garage, no?
You might be right. If that is the case though it would mean both curb cuts will be two lane wide to accommodate entry and exit. 😫
Hopefully the design changes to be better looking. One curb cut should be plenty.
I wonder if that middle curb cut in the rendering is just a means of the Chase maintaining access to the Khorassan loading dock. It'd be a bit odd since it would bifurcate the lobby, but really any driveway concept would do that, and they could get around it by dropping the driveway down earlier in its course and connecting the two sides of the lobby in the back (west side) of the building.
hoffa270 wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:33 pm
AC Hotel planned next to Chase in Central West End

http://www.stltoday.com/business/local/ ... 87777.html
A new AC Hotel by Marriott is slated to break ground this spring on York Avenue in the Central West End.

Led by Andy Holloran of Bozeman, Mont.-based developer HomeBase, the 192-room hotel would be squeezed in just north of Lindell Boulevard next to the Chase Park Plaza. The building that used to house the KPLR studio just behind the York House will come down to make way for the project and a surface parking lot will be removed.
Interesting how this came together rather quickly and without much noise considering the headlines he grabbed for his planned AC Hotel in Clayton. Which appears to be further down the road in development. Whereas article made it sound like this is one CWE hotel proposal breaking ground next spring with financing expected to be in place by end of year.. Also wonder for this hotel if he/AC Hotel by Marriot will up the game as per the first rendering if CORTEX Aloft indeeds breaking ground about the same time?

Curious, Does anyone think he has another project up his sleeve for the region and or if he will be involved/partner in the Jeff Arms development AC Hotel by Marriot that is referenced in same article.
^The major curb cut is for resident access to the Chase Park, I doubt that will go anywhere as that must be protected right of way. It is on the left side of the following picture.

This is a very tight lot, not sure what the alleyway to the south is, but I assume it is access to the rear of the chase hotel area. One more picture shows some context and the newly completed Citizens Park to the East.

That curb cut to the south is the one I'm talking about (the one on the far right of yore photo). It's a narrow driveway to a loading dock below/next to the Khorassan Ballroom. Looks like they might be keeping that r-o-w as well from the rendering.

The article makes it sound like this and the Jefferson Arms development efforts are entirely separate. No reason to think the developers are teaming up or that this developer has other projects (besides the Clayton proposal) in the pipeline.