One Hundred - Kingshighway & West Pine

Renovations and new construction in the Central Corridor -- defined by the area south of Delmar Avenue and North of Interstate 44/55.
First unread post475 posts
And STILL no new renderings!
They tweeted this out today. Look at the TV Screen. It shows a layout of the floor somewhat.

https://twitter.com/onehundredstl/statu ... 73569?s=21
37 floors is a new development. I wonder if they are counting a level below grade? It doesn't look like they are planning on having any but it could be the case.

I'm hoping that's all above grade, however. That's only 10'8" per floor to hit 400'!
I wonder if they have to include mechanical 'floors' as part of the floor count in the permits?
Check it out - the first instance of the "slanted walls" has been revealed! There are also tow others underway near West Pine. You can also begin to make out the shape of the building.

They've got a rendering up at the job site now.
framer wrote:
Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:15 pm
They've got a rendering up at the job site now.
It's been up for a few days now at West Pine and Kingshighway. I went by there on Monday and it was there. It looks like this.

It's really remarkably fun driving up Grand and seeing all the varied construction of so many different sorts and sizes and turning onto Lindell and seeing even more. We've clearly got our issues to work through, but overall? . . . It's a good time to live in St. Louis.
They actually used the right rendering, at least. They keep using the older rendering on social media and I'm slightly annoyed by it.

btw, if anyone hasn't seen the renderings for Jeanne Gang's latest tower (it's in Toronto), you should check it out:
https://www.designboom.com/architecture ... -07-06-18/
From STL From Above's Facebook page:

There's only one drilling rig left on site; looks like that phase is wrapping up.
Core rising from the pool at the Chase. This will be quite the vantage point to watch this one go up.

^I wonder if this is on schedule. They held their commencement ceremony about 6 months ago and for a tiny lot, I'm surprised that it has taken this long to have the core going in. Some parts of the first floor don't even have supports or footings ready to go up. The only corner with the distinctive flowering design is at West Pine and Kingshighway. That's been that way for sometime now. I would hope that the building is up on the second floor by mid-September because the slow progress is shocking considering Ballpark Village drilled the foundations, made footings and had a crane up on site at the Office Building within 4 months of groundbreaking. Here we are 8 months later there and it is rising quickly on a much larger lot.
^ Progress has been painstakingly slow.

Looks like they will be adding a 2nd cam soon over at:

https://app.oxblue.com/open/claycorp
The second construction cam is up:

https://app.oxblue.com/open/clayco/100kingshighway

Almost 6 months to the day since groundbreaking, the ground floor is finally going in.
wabash wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:16 pm
Almost 6 months to the day since groundbreaking, the ground floor is finally going in.
Well... you know what they say, "its all about that base"
pattimagee wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 3:07 pm
Well... you know what they say, "its all about that base"
All the right pilings in all the right places.
The parking deck is going in, on level 2. The same goes for the elevator shaft. 34 more floors to go! Sorry for the trees being in the way. I was by the Trash Cans at Parc Frontenac but it offers a good view once the tower goes above floor 3 for project update photos.

Image by
Those crazy, zig-zaggy angles are becoming apparent.
framer wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:49 am
Those crazy, zig-zaggy angles are becoming apparent.
Before long, the podium will be complete and the tower will start to rise. So far, this is interesting to watch and I expect it to get even more interesting before Thanksgiving. What I mean by this is the speed of construction will increase since the hardest part (1st floor) is laid out. As for the zig-zag lines, I don't remember seeing the West Pine side having slightly zig zag lines.
They're there, just subtle at the moment. You'll see them more in the next floor or two.
Update of my favorite view. Core is much larger in person that it appears on webcam or most photos. This is going to be such a solid addition.

Found 2 new renderings of the tower (amenity deck and the landscaping along Kingshighway). At least they show some things up close. I wish there were more perspectives of the tower.

On another note, progress photos from today.

Photos from the Cameras today. The podium just had it's second floor deck poured while the ramp and partial decking for floor 3 are going in. This means that the side facing the Chase is half way done (Podium wise). Once the podium is finished, the tower will fly. The slanted walls are become more prevalent.