One Hundred - Kingshighway & West Pine

Renovations and new construction in the Central Corridor -- defined by the area south of Delmar Avenue and North of Interstate 44/55.
First unread post185 posts
chaifetz10 wrote:
Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:53 am
Not necessarily. While test drilling is usually a good sign that a project is closer to breaking ground, I wouldn't assume it means it is imminent. If any issues are discovered then (as previously discussed above) the foundation may need to be reengineered.
I saw the core driller there 2 weeks ago - the samples get sent to a testing facility and reports are submitted to the engineers who will design the foundations - Its a good sign that things but it could be months between the time the test are submitted and drawings are ready for permit
What is a realistic start date then for construction? January 2018?
Could be before or little after jan. Im interested if this is sill going to be 385' or are they going to go a bit higher and beat out the Clayton apartment building as the tallest apartment building in the region
[quote=St.Louis1764 post_id=285858 time=1502460291 user_id=9670]
Could be before or little after jan. Im interested if this is sill going to be 385' or are they going to go a bit higher and beat out the Clayton apartment building as the tallest apartment building in the region
[/quote]

Height will be determined by economics and city approval. I would be shocked if the developers and financiers are considering the height of other towers.
Also, city approval shouldn't be a big factor since the form-based code already has this as an unlimited height lot. So, definitely economics are leading the charge. I can't imagine why the developers would care if its tallest residential building in the region or not - they've already got an attention grabber in the design.
Any updates on this? I can't wait to see the tower cranes go up for this and the BPV Phase II Project!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

When I walked by the LCRA board meeting earlier this afternoon I overheard that they intend to start construction in the 4th quarter of 2017.
I'm even more excited about this tower than the one in Ballpark Village; it's just gonna look so awesome from within Forest Park!
^ this tower will look especially amazing from 40 and 44 between Hampton and Kingshighway eastbound. I often picture how it will look when I travel that way. It would also be very cool if they light it up at night.
They mentioned it on the news tonight. Talked about giving out incentives on projects like this one. They did say it is up to the BOA to approve at this point. It sounded like that was the last hurdle.
Very excited for this project. I bet this large of a tower will need two tower cranes.
Per the BJ

Bonds approved:

Construction is expected to begin this fall with work finishing in spring 2020.
moorlander wrote:Per the BJ

Bonds approved:

Construction is expected to begin this fall with work finishing in spring 2020.
Great! Hopefully work can begin in early fall (like end of September). This will look great. Yesterday, I could see the Chase Park Plaza from Interstate 44 near Webster Groves, this tower will add to the view.
"Bonds approved". Sorry, could you be a bit more specific?

Is the City issuing bonds for this? Does this mean all of their financing is now in place?
framer wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:33 pm
"Bonds approved". Sorry, could you be a bit more specific?

Is the City issuing bonds for this? Does this mean all of their financing is now in place?
Believe they are Industrial service bonds through the land clearance authority/city to help close the financing gap on construction. Someone better then I can elaborate but believe I'm pretty close on the description. Don't know the nuances but believe the bonds can be issued on a pretty wide use/basis even though it states Industrial
framer wrote:"Bonds approved". Sorry, could you be a bit more specific?

If you scroll up we discussed them
Previously. Something about saving the sales tax on materials...
According to Greg Johnson, PresbyterianSTL on twitter, this one is going to start construction in November.
cardinalstl wrote:According to Greg Johnson, PresbyterianSTL on twitter, this one is going to start construction in November.
I would’ve thought earlier than that.
I admit I'm profoundly shocked at the pace this development is progressing and November isn't too far off heck August is about over with.
Keeps fingers crossed on no setbacks.
^Less than a year after the announcement, it will start rising. Yet, it has been far closer to a year since BPV2 was announced and not even a possible time frame.
Great news. Glad to hear the plans are progressing.
Did I see somewhere that 3 floors were added? Now 39 stories?

EDIT: found it

https://twitter.com/presbyterianstl/sta ... 6717173760
^I don’t see how they were added without a height bump. Plus, I think that the Renderings would reflect it, but none of them do. Even Studio Gang’s website says 36 Floors and 385ft tall. So I don’t know what to think at this time. If it went up in Floor count... Great! If it stays the same... great!

Also, Studio Gang is counting Floor 13 as, well 13. So 39 in their mind is 40 in normal count where 13 is skipped.

http://studiogang.com/project/one-hundred
moorlander wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:25 am
Did I see somewhere that 3 floors were added? Now 39 stories?

EDIT: found it

https://twitter.com/presbyterianstl/sta ... 6717173760
It's mentioned on the last page of this thread. Framer was the first to notice a story in the P-D from June was revised. The initial version of the story said it would be 36 stories and 305 units, but the next day was updated to say the tower will be 39 stories and 318 units.

However I've seen no revised renderings, and all reports still have the height at 385'.

-RBB
chriss752 wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:04 pm
^I don’t see how they were added without a height bump. Plus, I think that the Renderings would reflect it, but none of them do. Even Studio Gang’s website says 36 Floors and 385ft tall. So I don’t know what to think at this time. If it went up in Floor count... Great! If it stays the same... great!

Also, Studio Gang is counting Floor 13 as, well 13. So 39 in their mind is 40 in normal count where 13 is skipped.

http://studiogang.com/project/one-hundred
The rendering should not be a reference point here. No new promotional images have been released since December, well before the 3 floors were added. As for Studio Gang's website, I doubt that information will be touched before completion unless MAC commissions new renderings.
If you know of any new buildings in the Midwest that exclude the 13th floor, I'd be interested to see. This practice has essentially been banned by Fire Marshals due to confusion while evacuating / navigating buildings in emergencies. While it's fun and quirky, emergency services hate it.