Bottle Art Lofts

Renovations and new residential construction in downtown St. Louis, Washington Avenue, the Old Post Office, etc.

The former McGuire Moving and Storage building at 1333 N. 6th St. in downtown St. Louis.

Artist lofts are planned for Bottle District

By Tim Bryant

ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH

12/09/2009

The developer behind the Renaissance Grand Hotel, Merchandise Mart and Cupples Station apartments is proposing another downtown project it hopes will kick-start the long-stalled St. Louis Bottle District.

Historic Restoration Inc., with offices in New Orleans and St. Louis, plans to convert the vacant McGuire Moving & Storage building, at 1333 North Sixth Street, to about 70 one- or two-bedroom lofts for artists. The company hopes to start work on the $22.2 million project next July and complete the job by October 2011.

link: http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/busine ... enDocument

GREAT NEWS!

I hope this works out, sooner the better.

St. Louis: Your Gateway to Bourbon :lol:

Who needs the RCGA when you've got Maker's?

Read the comments on stltoday.com at your own risk.

^There is more intelligent conversation on "Jersey Shore" then there is on the stl today message boards.

^^And I kind of like those Makers ads!
This came up in the Bottle District thread, but there's a great photo here showing why this loft conversion couldn't get financing (it sits next to I-70). This is also what developers see when they visit the Bottle District - not so enticing.
Alex Ihnen wrote:
This came up in the Bottle District thread, but there's a great photo here showing why this loft conversion couldn't get financing (it sits next to I-70). This is also what developers see when they visit the Bottle District - not so enticing.

Picture says a thousand words,

Will also take the opportunity to get up on the soap box. I believe this is about the point where the raise section of I-70 starts, after you go under the bridge as you head south (I-70 Eastbound). In other words, I think CitytoRiver should also put a mini blvd proposal - Wash Ave to New Mississippi Bridge - or differing variations of the Memorial Blvd one section at a time along with the all for nothing removal of I-70 from downtown.
Are these buildings part of the North Riverfront/stadium project?
^ No. The parking lots are though, and are part of the argument by the Peacock team that the stadium site is indeed adjacent to the Dome/Convention Center... what is conceptualized is parking for the stadium and having a pedestrian walkway over the interstate to the new stadium.
When did this building catch on fire? Looks pretty charred.
flipz wrote:
When did this building catch on fire? Looks pretty charred.

Last night
Is the building savable?