St. Louis Blues

Got love for St. Louis sports? Let's talk Pro, College, High School, or otherwise.
First unread post578 posts
The Blues beat the Colorado Avalanche 6-2 at Scottrade on Friday night.

PICS AND VIDEO

Should be a great season!

Went to the game...they really need something besides Bud Light and other crappy light beers. Even Busch has Schlafly, O'Fallon, etc.

Going to Fanfest tomorrow!

I attended on Tuesday as well as last night. After all these years of going to the games when the team was rebuilding it's really going to be an exciting to see them build off the wild success of last year's second half. GO BLUES.

Fanfest wasn't much to write home about. It was crowded, chaotic, and unorganized. It was very hard to get autographs, too.

The game was good, though.

^Sounds like last years Fan fest. I wasn't able to make it this year. The lines were very long for autographs last year. It was mostly free though, so nobody could complain. I still love the idea of a fanfest. I just hope the Blues remain 'fan friendly' now that they can sell tickets and the team on the ice is better, a real contender.

Regarding the team, early positives include the play of Paul Kariya, Erik Johnson and the fact that Alex Pietrangleo is still here, for now. Has anyone seen Sydor in action, how does he look?

This year's FanFest was much worse than last year. Much more crowded this year.

STLCardsBlues1989 wrote:
This year's FanFest was much worse than last year. Much more crowded this year.

So, FanFest was full of.....fans??? That IS bad!

^Damn fair weather fans!! :lol:

I guess the bandwagon needs some cars added.

Went to Friday night's game. Nice to see Kariya back and a decent crowd for a pre-season game when the Cubs/Cards are playing down the street.

Can't wait for October 8th.

Nice to see Johnson get a goal. Must be the golf swing. :roll: :D

I agree with fanfest this year. Last years, while also quite crowded, was much better organized and allowed for much easier access to autographs and had more auction/ mystery bag etc booths etc. This year it was a bit of a cluster(bomb) and the hour+ of dead time betweeen the last autographs and the game was boring as hell.

That said it was a pretty full crowd, which was impressive considering the Cards and cubs were playing and college football is in full swing.

The game was fairly stale, but Backes' goal at the end of the 2nd and Janssen's fight were quality entertainment.

Looking forward to a great season!

Lets Go Blues!

It's good for the Blues that there were so many fans.

It stinks for the individual fans, though.

It all seemed chaotic and unorganized.

4-3 blues in Sweden!

Blues sweep Wings in Sweden. Positive start to the season, I'd say.

I can't believe the team left Sweden with all 4 points.

Admin:

rename thread to Blues 2009-2010 season?

I'd say that the Blues season is off to a great start. The difference I see thus far, is their ability to put a team away. Last year, they would get a one goal lead and blow it. In both games they put Detroit, the defending Western conference champs, away in impressive fashion. I know it is early, but I like what I see. Can't help but be impressed with the sweep in Sweden. I sure hope they sell out on Thursday. I will be there. I know it will be tough, considering the cards are playing and Mizzou is at Nebraska. I will have my headphones and I am sure the Blues will keep us up to date.I can't remember I week night of sports like this!

GO BLUES, CARDS, TIGERS!!!

DOGTOWNB&R wrote:
I know it will be tough, considering the cards are playing and Mizzou is at Nebraska. I will have my headphones and I am sure the Blues will keep us up to date.I can't remember I week night of sports like this!

GO BLUES, CARDS, TIGERS!!!

Well that didn't turn out so well. I was at the opener too - pretty depressing night.

5-1 Pens win, another bad loss, slow start, poor defense, this team needs to pick it up. I honestly expected a stronger start to this season. This team just seems come out flat way too often. Murray needs to kick them in the @$$ or this is going to be a long season. The silver lining would be that this awful loss was one of the games on Versus, the channel Directv dropped. I didn't have to watch that debacle. :maddown:

^ Luckily, when I got out of class last night, I turned on KMOX when I got into my car and the damage had already been done. Thank God I missed it.

After such a great start in Sweden- against the Red Wings, no less- I thought the Blues would be in far better shape by now. :?

DOGTOWNB&R wrote:
5-1 Pens win, another bad loss, slow start, poor defense, this team needs to pick it up. I honestly expected a stronger start to this season. This team just seems come out flat way too often. Murray needs to kick them in the @$$ or this is going to be a long season. The silver lining would be that this awful loss was one of the games on Versus, the channel Directv dropped. I didn't have to watch that debacle. :maddown:

It was on Versus? I didn't see it listed in the P-D yesterday, they only had KMOX listed. Oh well, I'm glad I didn't watch it.

Mason was saying the PD that maybe the problem might be that they're getting a little ahead of themselves, a little cocky. Maybe with such big expectations on such a young and talented team they are just expecting it to be easy to win.

My current take on the Blues is that it is early and there is still plenty of reasons to remain positive. They are either outshooting or equaling teams in shots. When you are doing that, you are bound to start putting the puck in the back of the net. They just are not going in right now, especially in the shootouts, which have been a source of frustration. I think the Blues have plenty of talent to compete at a high level. Mason has not been bad. I think injuries have been an issue, but not an excuse. There has not been a lack of effort either. With a little luck, a few good bounces and more consistant play for 3 periods, this team should get back into the hunt for a playoff spot. They have not been very good and they are only 3 games out of the 8th spot. I would recommend everyone stay on the bandwagon and keep supporting the team. I truly believe they are going to turn things around. It is very early!!!

The problem with the Blues right now is that they can't score. Multiple guys are slumping at the same time and we can't get anything between the pipes. They need to get the puck ON NET and eventually the bounces will start going our way. The power play is awful.

^For the most part, they are getting a lot of shots on goal. You are right though, they are not going in. With a little luck, the bounces could go there way and turn things around quickly. I am no kool-aid drinker. I just know that this team has worked hard for the most part and has not been rewarded. Maybe the bounces will go our way and create a reversal of fortunes.