St. Louis Rams

Got love for St. Louis sports? Let's talk Pro, College, High School, or otherwise.
First unread post2516 posts

MattnSTL wrote:
There's one win, at least.

Great win for the defense. Offense got a few 3rd down conversions. Bulger to Avery late in the 4th was awesome. The heart was there throughout the game.

Incognito is an idiot.

Good win, but not altogether surprising. A let down game for Washington, coming off two very good wins over good teams, St. Louis had 2 weeks to prepare, and the players were basically playing for their careers, and still only managed 4 field goals. The offense is still atrocious, with all that talent. Team needs to find a new O-line and FAST.

Defense stole the game.

Arch_Genesis wrote:
Incognito is an idiot.

The Rams knew that when they drafted him. So no surprises really, other than to think he might have matured in the intervening years.

Incognito is an idiot and has been a hothead liability for some time now.

Bulger and Jackson still need to step their games up... they don't have any excuse(s) now.

Go Rams!!

Arch_Genesis wrote:
Great win for the defense. Offense got a few 3rd down conversions. Bulger to Avery late in the 4th was awesome. The heart was there throughout the game.

Incognito is an idiot.

I loved seeing Haslett go after one of the Redskins. Definitely something you would not see under Linehan. The players and assistant coaches on the sidelines were loving it.

DeBaliviere wrote:
Arch_Genesis wrote:

Incognito is an idiot.

I loved seeing Haslett go after one of the Redskins. Definitely something you would not see under Linehan. The players and assistant coaches on the sidelines were loving it.

I never did get what that was about.

coachjw wrote:
Incognito is an idiot and has been a hothead liability for some time now.

Bulger and Jackson still need to step their games up... they don't have any excuse(s) now.

Go Rams!!

Apart from the fumble, Jackson was a bull in this game. He was getting yards after tackle(s) and was fighting hard.

Bulger was still a bit shaky. I think he is still gun shy about getting hit.

Although the Rams' victory over the Redskins wasn't a great game by any means for all of the aforementioned reasons- a win is still a win. And while there's clearly plenty of room for improvement, I like the level of intensity I saw in the Rams, something I don't recall seeing much of in the Linehan era.

All I have to say is WOW. How sweet to stun the Cowboys and watch all their fans walk out of the Dome with their tails between their legs. That was an awesome afternoon downtown. And the team continues to play with fire. Hope they can keep it up.

obvious to me that the rams HATED Linehan and played bad just to get him gone. That's all fine and good, but why throw the season away (0-4 start) just to prove it? I mean, some of those guys do want to make the playoffs yes?

Schedule only gets easier with lotsa games against the NFC Worst and AFC Least remaining. 8-8 a real possibility, which could win the division.

migueltejada wrote:
obvious to me that the rams HATED Linehan and played bad just to get him gone. That's all fine and good, but why throw the season away (0-4 start) just to prove it?

Given that your premise is false, the question is moot.

uh..they were 0-4 under linehan, 2-0 under haslett. You telling me that's NOT a direct reflection on who's the HC?

migueltejada wrote:
uh..they were 0-4 under linehan, 2-0 under haslett. You telling me that's NOT a direct reflection on who's the HC?

Wow, clueless much?

You made the ridiculous claim that the players went 0-4 on purpose, just to get rid of the coach.

Don't remember? It was only a few minutes ago.

migueltejada wrote:
obvious to me that the rams HATED Linehan and played bad just to get him gone. That's all fine and good, but why throw the season away (0-4 start) just to prove it?

^ what are you talking about?

The players hated Linehan. Didn't want to play for him. If the team gets blown out of every game - you don't think that might make management get rid of him?

Now Haslett steps in and goes 2-0 against two teams with winning records, one on the road. With the same talent, METHINKS THE PLAYERS LIKE PLAYING FOR HIM.

My complaint is that the Rams had to go 0-4 just to prove their point, that they hated Linehan and wouldn't play for him. It doesn't make sense to throw the season away when they just have easily could have gone to management as a group and said GET HIM OUT OF HERE WE HATE HIM.

migueltejada wrote:

My complaint is that the Rams had to go 0-4 just to prove their point, that they hated Linehan and wouldn't play for him. It doesn't make sense to throw the season away when they just have easily could have gone to management as a group and said GET HIM OUT OF HERE WE HATE HIM.

You just answered your own question. If the players hated Linehan (and I've read nothing to indicate that), they would have approached management as a group. They would NOT have gone out and thrown four games, as you said they did.

How fun was that? Think we can make it three in a row against a battered New England squad?

DeBaliviere wrote:
How fun was that? Think we can make it three in a row against a battered New England squad?

I hope. I also hope Denver beats the crap out of NE to perpetuate the negative karma of Bill Beleich;alksehr;k

migueltejada wrote:

:lol:

Sure it does, but you said that the players were throwing games.

DeBaliviere wrote:

If Jackson is sidelined, we will have trouble beating them. It will be cold, miserable and on real grass :roll: . We will have our hands full. Then again, true character of the team will come out if they play without their MVP (right now) and still pull off a win.

STLDTFAN wrote:
If Jackson is sidelined, we will have trouble beating them. It will be cold, miserable and on real grass :roll: . We will have our hands full. Then again, true character of the team will come out if they play without their MVP (right now) and still pull off a win.

Hopefully the MRI results will be good. It sounded like he was walking around on his own power after the game and he was upbeat about it not being a bad injury. Keep your fingers crossed.

I wish Pittman was at 100%. Even though he's no Jackson, he's a decent backup.

The Central Scrutinizer wrote:

You just answered your own question. If the players hated Linehan (and I've read nothing to indicate that), they would have approached management as a group. They would NOT have gone out and thrown four games, as you said they did.

You clearly have never played a team sport in your life.

Players don't approach management as a group to get rid of a coach they didn't like. It's not what they do. They play badly for coaches they don't like (or are truly incompetent). I was only saying I wish they would have done it. I know they never would.

And what papers have you been reading? Steven Jackson upset over touches, Marc Bulger got benched for no reason, a cornerback released for no reason, even Torry Holt had some issues with the man, and he doesn't dislike anyone!

The players HATED HIM. The only way to get rid of a coach you don't like is to play horribly enough to get him fired, but not so awful you lose your job in the process. Passive agressive at its finest.

migueltejada wrote:
The Central Scrutinizer wrote:

You clearly have never played a team sport in your life.

My four regional championships in Mens A Volleyball (3 in Heart of America, 1 in Gateway) would indicate otherwise. There seems to be a sort of transference going on here, where you try to transfer your own failings in athletics on to me.

migueltejada wrote:
Players don't approach management as a group to get rid of a coach they didn't like. It's not what they do. They play badly for coaches they don't like (or are truly incompetent). I was only saying I wish they would have done it. I know they never would.

Playing badly <> throwing games. But you knew that already.

migueltejada wrote:
And what papers have you been reading?

Post Dispatch, NY Times, Wall Street Journal. Thank you for asking.

migueltejada wrote:
Steven Jackson upset over touches, Marc Bulger got benched for no reason, a cornerback released for no reason, even Torry Holt had some issues with the man, and he doesn't dislike anyone!

The players HATED HIM. The only way to get rid of a coach you don't like is to play horribly enough to get him fired, but not so awful you lose your job in the process. Passive agressive at its finest.

An NFL roster has 53 active players, and maybe another 10 or so on the practice squad. You named three players. So I'm guessing your statement that the players (which infers the entire team) hated Linehan has been withdrawn.

I'm not gonna lie... I liked Linehan when he was an offensive coordinator when he was in Minnesota and thought he would do well in St. Louis as a head coach, but that obviously wasn't the case. Regardless of how the players felt about him, there were all kinds of issues within the organization that needed to be addressed.

It seemed like Jackson lobbied hard to get more money and once he got it, he didn't seem to improve much or even contribute much to the team's effort. I realize one guy can't win the game by himself. Now Bulger and Jackson make nice money but didn't seem to be playing worth their paychecks. I will say that I liked Haslett while he was head coach in NO. His hair and permanent mean-mugging was, still is, awesome! He probably is exactly what this team needs long-term to get the ship turned around.

We didn't get the STL-DAL game up here because the Vikes and Chicago got the air (I'm now in the Chicago market). I was excited everytime a game break came on with an update. Hopefully they can move back to respectable even this season! Go Rams!

NY Times, Wall Street Journal. Thank you for asking.

Explains why you are underinformed about the Rams - those papers are probably too busy deailing the financial crisis and election!

migueltejada wrote:
NY Times, Wall Street Journal. Thank you for asking.

Explains why you are underinformed about the Rams - those papers are probably too busy deailing the financial crisis and election!

It's odd that you ignored the rest of the response. Perhaps you are withdrawing your original claim?