Forty-Eight Condos Planned for Boulevard Heights

Discuss renovations and new residential construction in South City -- defined by the area south of Interstate 44/55.
Wasn't really familiar at all with that part of city/Boulevard Heights. Kind of New Town-y; looks like this project may take up a large chunk (or all) of what's left of earlier new build development apparently around 2009-ish... if a good amount of those people moved in after 2010 census that n'hood could see a decent jump in population after a small drop last decade.

There. Fixed it!
I guess they would be built on this vacant lot:

https://www.google.com/maps/place/3830+ ... -90.270185
framer wrote:I guess they would be built on this vacant lot:

https://www.google.com/maps/place/3830+ ... -90.270185
They can talk politics with former Mayor, Francis Slay, over the fence!
By my house?!? Fun! That is right by Mayor Slays house
BH resident here. Would be nice to see something go in these vacant lots. Not sure what was there before (just moved here in 2015), but currently there are a handful of townhomes and single-family houses around the perimeter, and empty land in the middle. Some of the single families look cheaply built (maybe just compared to the brick structures that surround them), but aesthetically they do blend in well with "traditional" city styles. The townhomes, for example, would fit well in Soulard or Lafayette Square, minus the modern building materials.

Hard to judge by the rendering above, but this development looks like a standard condo building you would find anywhere in the county, which is a little disappointing...hoping I'm wrong. Either way, good to add new residents to the neighborhood.

Thanks,
SB
I believe that site had been the location of Board of Education Green Houses. Or something like that.
framer wrote:I believe that site had been the location of Board of Education Green Houses. Or something like that.

Yes. That is what was there