St. Louis Lambert Int. Airport [airline/hub/operations/info]

All the ways we move people and things: trains, planes, automobiles, biking, walking, etc.
First unread post4138 posts
Chalupas54 wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:22 pm

It's not us. Probably not North America.
You could have at least given us a day to be optimistic! lol
jshank83 wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:24 pm
Chalupas54 wrote:

Haha, I'm sorry! :*(
Well it was a 789 they were using to start something which is almost certainly not going to be what they would use to start here which would be a 788 . Though keep thinking more that the dots are connecting a lot that when one is available you might hear something since theres as much if not more smoke than before.
I think it could be us. $4 Million in incentives could have just snagged them. We will see tomorrow.
Chalupas54 wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:46 pm
jshank83 wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:24 pm
Chalupas54 wrote:

Haha, I'm sorry! :*(
HAHA! LOL!
Chalupas54 wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:54 pm
I think it could be us. $4 Million in incentives could have just snagged them. We will see tomorrow.
That's true, that is something that could have sealed it and the question is when it could start. I think they were only looking around half that amount and if they only got that much theres likely money left over for others. The place they served before would be the biggest reason its not, unless you count things they acquired.
imperialmog wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:02 pm
Chalupas54 wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:54 pm
That's true, that is something that could have sealed it and the question is when it could start. I think they were only looking around half that amount and if they only got that much theres likely money left over for others. The place they served before would be the biggest reason its not, unless you count things they acquired.
A good point. I don't believe it could be PIT actually after doing some brief research. Their passenger yields to Europe are really covered. It would probably be very hard fill a 789 to LHR from PIT. But again, if it is STL, I would be kinda surprised as we haven't heard much on this for a while.
Rumors are Seychelles. It is only 2x weekly so that would make sense

It is NOT

PIT
Perth
Osaka
Jakarta
Bogata
HNL
ANC
DTW
CLT
MEL
ISB
KHI
KUL/AKL?
New York (Don't they already fly there)
Vietnam
jshank83 wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:18 pm
Rumors are Seychelles. It is only 2x weekly so that would make sense
Confirmed.

-RBB
jshank83 wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:43 pm
More privatization talk.

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/govt ... 8ce38.html
And even more privatization talk, this time in editorial form. The second is a guest column that includes the airport director as a guest columnist.

http://www.stltoday.com/opinion/editori ... 37179.html

http://www.stltoday.com/opinion/columni ... 44e84.html
Word I've heard from some cohorts of mine is the prelimary figures for this transaction have blown the STL leaders away. Let's see if the dough is there come real negotiation time....
The BA route is for the Seychelles.
whitherSTL wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:58 am
Word I've heard from some cohorts of mine is the prelimary figures for this transaction have blown the STL leaders away. Let's see if the dough is there come real negotiation time....
For privatization?
2016 official airport stats are out.

STL 37th in North America. 1.5 mil behind Dallas, 1 mil ahead of Nashville. We are only around 90 mil behind Atlanta! Watch out!

http://www.aci-na.org/content/airport-traffic-reports
jshank83 wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:08 am

STL 37th in North America. 1.5 mil behind Dallas, 1 mil ahead of Nashville. We are only around 90 mil behind Atlanta! Watch out!

Looks like 36th to me. We're already moving up?
FY I believe was 14.4 Million.
gary kreie wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:06 am
jshank83 wrote:

You are right, I just can't type correctly. haha.
Frontier extended their schedule today for next summer. Looks like nothing new and ATL was cut. A little surprised since I thought ATL had decent numbers so for this summer.
jshank83 wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:18 am
gary kreie wrote:
jshank83 wrote:

You are right, I just can't type correctly. haha.
And 5th biggest change over last year:

Nashville TN 11.2 %
Raleigh-Durham NC 11.1 %
San Jose CA 10.2 %
Vancouver BC 9.6 %
St Louis MO 9.5 %
gary kreie wrote:
jshank83 wrote:

Lambert is in a hole of sorts, which will prevent us from moving up (or down) in the rankings any time soon -- we are just under 1 million passengers ahead of BNA and 1.6 million behind DAL.
gregl wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:18 pm
gary kreie wrote:
jshank83 wrote:

Lambert is in a hole of sorts, which will prevent us from moving up (or down) in the rankings any time soon -- we are just under 1 million passengers ahead of BNA and 1.6 million behind DAL.
If growth continues at presents rates, and that's a big but plausible if, then things will start to move in 2018 or so, believe it or not. Of course, it's a given that present rates will change, and in some places dramatically. But I think our fundamentals are good, if you know what I mean. I would not expect that Love will be our first pass, however. Anyone want to start a pool on where we are ten years from now? Or five, if you're not that patient? Should be an interesting ten years. (Of course, there's always that darn proverb to watch out for. Interesting times, and all that. Or was it a curse? Hmm.)
symphonicpoet wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:59 am
If growth continues at presents rates, and that's a big but plausible if, then things will start to move in 2018 or so, believe it or not. Of course, it's a given that present rates will change, and in some places dramatically. But I think our fundamentals are good, if you know what I mean. I would not expect that Love will be our first pass, however. Anyone want to start a pool on where we are ten years from now? Or five, if you're not that patient? Should be an interesting ten years. (Of course, there's always that darn proverb to watch out for. Interesting times, and all that. Or was it a curse? Hmm.)
Definitely a curse: "May you live in interesting times".

I have a sinking feeling that another global aviation downturn is coming within the next decade. Probably nothing as dramatic as 9/11, but more along the lines of The Recession. Hopefully I'm proven wrong.
symphonicpoet wrote:
gregl wrote:
gary kreie wrote:

Love is pretty much flat this year and I think will be for awhile. They are pretty much tapped out. So I think they would be who we catch next. I guess Calgary isn't growing all that fast either.

Sidebar: Rumors swirling that Southwest might announce starting service to Hawaii today. Not from here obviously, but that would be still a nice development.
jshank83 wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:48 am
symphonicpoet wrote:
gregl wrote:

Love is pretty much flat this year and I think will be for awhile. They are pretty much tapped out. So I think they would be who we catch next. I guess Calgary isn't growing all that fast either.

Sidebar: Rumors swirling that Southwest might announce starting service to Hawaii today. Not from here obviously, but that would be still a nice development.
I flew non-stop to Honolulu from Lambert in 1992 for my honeymoon. TWA 747 upper level business class. Those were the days.