Delmar Divine in West End

Discuss construction activity, major renovations, office projects, streetscape improvements, etc. in North City -- defined by the area north of Delmar Avenue.
http://www.stltoday.com/business/local/ ... 5bcff.html
A partnership led by former Build-A-Bear CEO Maxine Clark and Clayco Corp. plans a $90 million rehab that will turn the old St. Luke's Hospital on Delmar Boulevard into apartments and collaborative office space designed for nonprofits.

Delmar DiVine, as its backers call it, envisions 180,000 square-feet of office space in its first phase for area nonprofits and community organizations as well as 160 apartments.

Clark said she envisioned the space as sort of a Cortex for nonprofits, where community organizations can share space and work together on projects.

Clayco's CRG Real Estate Solutions now has the building under contract from the city, and Clark said they hope to close in the fall. A price is still being negotiated, Clark said.

Construction is expected to start in November and be ready for initial occupancy by the first quarter of 2019.
About time they wrote something. :)

3/24 https://nextstl.com/2017/03/delmar-devi ... ar-divide/
Alex Ihnen wrote:
Fri May 12, 2017 3:17 pm
About time they wrote something. :)

3/24 https://nextstl.com/2017/03/delmar-devi ... ar-divide/
LOL I couldn't find a thread for this and couldn't remember if it was a tweet or a full blown story that I read about before.
STLhistoryBuff wrote:
Fri May 12, 2017 12:46 pm
http://www.stltoday.com/business/local/ ... 5bcff.html
A partnership led by former Build-A-Bear CEO Maxine Clark and Clayco Corp. plans a $90 million rehab that will turn the old St. Luke's Hospital on Delmar Boulevard into apartments and collaborative office space designed for nonprofits.

Delmar DiVine, as its backers call it, envisions 180,000 square-feet of office space in its first phase for area nonprofits and community organizations as well as 160 apartments.

Clark said she envisioned the space as sort of a Cortex for nonprofits, where community organizations can share space and work together on projects.

Clayco's CRG Real Estate Solutions now has the building under contract from the city, and Clark said they hope to close in the fall. A price is still being negotiated, Clark said.

Construction is expected to start in November and be ready for initial occupancy by the first quarter of 2019.
Lots of great, large projects happening now - But this one, while not as sexy may be the most important - it has the potential to "soften" the divide a bit (no one project will bridge it) and start to connect the CWE to the loop - an east/west - north/south pivot point
^ Extend the loop tracks east on Delmar make a right on Euclid, add some low floor modern streetcars.
dredger wrote:
Sun May 14, 2017 12:04 am
^ Extend the loop tracks east on Delmar make a right on Euclid, add some low floor modern streetcars.
Yeah, I mean, that'd be great.

I'm not sure the city will be buying into that at any point though with how the loop construction has gone.

Is it feasible to just dig up the old tracks that have been paved over all over the city?
bwcrow1s wrote:
Sun May 14, 2017 11:56 am

Is it feasible to just dig up the old tracks that have been paved over all over the city?
No. They would have to be completely rebuilt.
bwcrow1s wrote:
Sun May 14, 2017 11:56 am
dredger wrote:
Sun May 14, 2017 12:04 am
Yeah, I mean, that'd be great.

I'm not sure the city will be buying into that at any point though with how the loop construction has gone.
I wouldn't be surprised if Joe Edwards is pitching the idea to city alderman and Barnes Jewish/Wash U Med School/Clayco for good measure.. Barnes Jewish & Wash U Med being the two heavyweights with Clayco who has made some significant investment w Everly and now the Delmar Divine in West End. Clayco just might interested in the idea of giving political support behind the idea of Delmar streetcar as it connects its developments with job center, schools, etc.

In other words, double down on a partner in a city that would gain the most if tracks go east. Maybe wishful thinking, the city would take ownership and float the rebuilding of the remaining two loop trolley cars if a grander plan and vision is in play.