Boulevard Saint Louis I & II

Discuss new retail, dining, business and residential projects within St. Louis County, including Chesterfield, Riverport, Earth City, Westport and more.
First unread post315 posts
Kind of a shot across the bow at Tropicana lanes. I hope the build this and start planning a Phase IV on the other side of the link station.
[quote=STLEnginerd post_id=285277 time=1501101021 user_id=9102]
Kind of a shot across the bow at Tropicana lanes. I hope the build this and start planning a Phase IV on the other side of the link station.
[/quote]

Are you referring to Queens - The Elegant Bowling Dive? That's a play on King's Bowling Lanes. Fogo de Char, Talboots, and Mico's are all plays other real restaurant and clothing stores names. And Natural Cuisine sounds like a play on "Whole Foods."
moorlander wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:58 pm
STLEnginerd wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:30 pm
Are you referring to Queens - The Elegant Bowling Dive? That's a play on King's Bowling Lanes. Fogo de Char, Talboots, and Mico's are all plays other real restaurant and clothing stores names. And Natural Cuisine sounds like a play on "Whole Foods."
I don't know much about the king's "brand" but I figured it was a place holder since so many others were. Not sure how specific these tags are targeted from a marketing standpoint, but when they spec out the space I assume they have to narrow the designed use fairly early. I guess they could be looking at a number of casual entertainment operators, Dave and Busters for instance, but my assumption is they a envisioning an upscale bowling venue which I think would have to make Tropicana a little nervous given it's proximity...

That said Whole Foods seems like a near impossibility, so not sure what they are trying to project there.
There could be something to First Bank perhaps.
First Bank could be the anchor. That would be great!
moorlander wrote:There could be something to First Bank perhaps.
Yeah seems like it's a lock, otherwise I can't see how they would lend their branding for promotional renderings. The others are probably likely, but not certain yet.
I assume this would be a relocation of their corporate headquarters from 135 N. Meramec in Clayton, which currently has about a quarter of its 80,000 sq. ft. listed for lease as class C office.

Was there a rumor at one point about 135 N. Meramec either being reskinned or totally replaced? I vaguely remember something along those lines. Perhaps Covington had a plan for it since they're also headquartered in the building. I wouldn't be surprised to see it razed and replaced by a Ceylon or Barton style residential mid-rise.

In any event, it seems logical that with its return to financial health First Banks would want to leave a tired 1967 office building for new digs. These renderings remind me of the EverBank offices and sign you see at Hanley & 40 - soulless and surrounded by traffic, but also in the midst of businesses with a strangely proximate Metrolink station.
"Upscale bowling"? There can't really be such a thing, is there? I mean, that destroys the whole concept of bowling.

The Dude is displeased.
What was Phase 3 supposed to be? I heard talk about a hopeful Phase 4. Am I missing something?

EDIT: I went back in the thread and found the tower that was supposed to be Phase 3. Phase 4 I still wonder about. It it just a rumor?Image
I wrote a story about this because I feel like it is significant enough.

http://www.buildingstlnews.com/the-blo ... -2-is-back
chriss752 wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:17 pm
What was Phase 3 supposed to be? I heard talk about a hopeful Phase 4. Am I missing something?

EDIT: I went back in the thread and found the tower that was supposed to be Phase 3. Phase 4 I still wonder about. It it just a rumor?
OK to clarify, I have ZERO information regarding a phase IV. I simply was referring to the fact that once it is built out through phase III there is a potential redevelopment opportunity (Tropicana Lanes) across the Metrolink tracks that could be easily tied into this project If they so desired and Tropicana was willing to sell. If a Bowling Alley in Boulevard Phase II does significantly impact TL's business they might look to get out.

Not trying to start a rumor, it was a mix of speculation and optimism.
Remember that this development changed hands recently. Any phase 3 or 4 would have been the previous developers (Pace) plans and not tied to the current developers. Also, keep in mind phase 1 was completed in 2004 so I wouldn't hold you breath for future phases. We don't even know for certain phase 2 is happening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
wabash wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:32 pm
I assume this would be a relocation of their corporate headquarters from 135 N. Meramec in Clayton, which currently has about a quarter of its 80,000 sq. ft. listed for lease as class C office.

Was there a rumor at one point about 135 N. Meramec either being reskinned or totally replaced? I vaguely remember something along those lines. Perhaps Covington had a plan for it since they're also headquartered in the building. I wouldn't be surprised to see it razed and replaced by a Ceylon or Barton style residential mid-rise.

In any event, it seems logical that with its return to financial health First Banks would want to leave a tired 1967 office building for new digs. These renderings remind me of the EverBank offices and sign you see at Hanley & 40 - soulless and surrounded by traffic, but also in the midst of businesses with a strangely proximate Metrolink station.
I drove by it Wednesday night and the entire first floor is being redone. Looked like new drywall up and some equipment inside to remodel it. I have not clue what the endgame on it is though.
In 2016 the 135 N Meramec 2nd floor was to be redone as a residential unit.

More recently:
A. 135 North Meramec Avenue – Exterior Alterations to Commercial Building
Consideration of a request by Terry Dawdy, architect, on behalf of Midwest Regional Bancorp, owner, for review of the design and materials associated with proposed alterations to the front façade.
Advertisements are up at Darst and Brentwood. Shows a interesting rendering. Willing to bet that we will see construction start before the end of January.